100% Pinot Noir from the Celeste vineyard, Whitlands, King Valley, Victoria. 10% whole bunch was transferred straight to vats, the other 90% was destemmed and lightly crushed to ensure a large percentage of whole berries remained.
Natural fermentation then took place with daily foot stomping throughout. Pressed after three weeks on skins by basket-press and transferred to 100% old French oak. Racked and transferred back into barrel after three weeks of settling. The wine was then left in oak for a year-long maturation period. The wine was then racked to stainless steel, where all the barrels were blended and then hand bottled, unfined and unfiltered.
Subtle and elegant Pinot, one for the purists. Black forest fruits and forest undergrowth which will open in the glass over time. Light and delicate but with depth and concentration coming through in the mid palate and a persistent finish.